What is Startseite24.net hijacker
Startseite24.net is not an efficient search page, even when there are so many hyperlinks of common sites on it. This page is designed for German speakers, while almost none of them got this page on purpose. Startseite24.net is usually spread via freeware bundling, that if you skip the default options during the installing processes of some freeware or shareware. Once your homepage is locked as Startseite24.net, it will be difficult to reset the modified browser settings. It offers search results of Bing.com but does not allow you to use Bing homepage directly. What's more, the browser hijacker will send pop-ups and pop-under windows, to recommend some unreliable programs to users. These programs are risky to be used and will cause more computer issues. Even the shortcuts and links on the page are not reliable that you have no idea where exactly you will be taken to.
Possible symptoms you may see on the infected browsers
- Unwanted spams and sponsored information.
- Redirects to risky sites happen frequently.
- Poorer and poorer browser performance.
- Unnecessary extensions, bookmarks and toolbars.
In short words, this page is not an ideal search provider that you need to get rid of it as soon as possible.
Step 1. Remove add-ons:
- Go to 'Tools' → 'Manage Add-ons';
- Choose 'Search Providers' → choose 'Bing' search engine or 'Google' search engine and make it default;
- Select 'Search Results' and click 'Remove' to remove it;
- Go to 'Tools' → 'Internet Options', select 'General tab' and click 'Use default' button or enter your own website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save the changes.
- Click on 'Customize and control' Google Chrome icon, select 'Settings';
- Choose 'Basic Options'.
- Change Google Chrome's homepage to google.com or any other and click the 'Manage search engines...' button;
- Select 'Google' from the list and make it your default search engine;
- Select 'Search Results' from the list remove it by clicking the "X" mark.
- Click on the magnifier's icon and select 'Manage Search Engines....';
- Choose 'Search Results' from the list and click 'Remove' and OK to save changes;
- Go to 'Tools' → 'Options'. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under the 'General tab';
Step 2. Reset Internet Explorer by the following guide (take IE as an example):
Open Internet Explorer >> Click on Tools >> Click on Internet Options >> In the Internet Options window click on the Connections tab >> Then click on the LAN settings button>> Uncheck the check box labeled “Use a proxy server for your LAN” under the Proxy Server section and press OK.
When you’re in Folder Options window, please click on its View tab, check Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then press OK.
Remove associated Files on your hard drive such as:
Step 7- Open the Registry Editor and delete the following entries:
(Steps: Hit Win+R keys and then type regedit in Run box and click on OK)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon "Shell" = "[random].exe"
Is the manual steps helpful to your problem? If not, you are probably facing a more serious computer security situation. Try an automatic removal tool SpyHunter:
Automatic removal steps with SpyHunter
Step 1. Download SpyHunter by clicking the button below.
Step 4. Click the button Fix Threats to clean up dangerous and unwanted programs after the scanning.
One more step : Clean up the trash files to get a better computer performance
RegCure Pro is a recommended tool to boost your computer. There can be leftover of the hijackers in your computer and they will make your computer works slowly. Try this tool to have an effective system.
Step 1. Download RegCure Pro by Clicking the button.
Download RegCure Pro to Boost PC's Speed and performance.