What corruptions your computer will suffer once infected:
It is able to change your homepage without your permission;
Lots of advertisements will just pop up into your computer;
It can collect your personal information and monitor your online activity;
It cannot be removed by your antivirus program.
Description of ultimate-search.net:
Ultimate-search.net is surely a fake search engine what pretend as legit one in your computer. It is fairly stubborn to be removed and will keep stay in your computer as your default homepage and no matter how many times you have tried to change your original homepage back by regular procedure, and it won’t let you do that. Also, if you search something with this Ultimate-search.net, it will always bring you some unwanted extra things on your screen, advertisements specifically. Moreover, sometime this thing can also cause you tons of redirection on your computer. What’s worse, Ultimate-search.net can also add some kinds of spyware applications into computer that can be utilized for private information collecting. So, if you ever get this thing, you’d better to get rid of it as soon as you can.
Tricky as Ultimate-search.net is, it can be hidden on some websites that can sneak into your computer if only you click its links. In this case, you should always be careful about those unfamiliar websites with rough design and full of ads as well. Besides, some rogue programs can also be chose to spread this virus. It is said that antivirus hardly completely remove this Ultimate-search.net from your computer permanently. So, it seems that manual removal can be the most suitable method to handle with it. First, you need to enter safe mode to disable its ability. Then, all its related files, registries, and processes should be removed from your computer to make sure it won’t come back again. I’m gonna offer you this manual removal guide here which you can follow.
Remove ultimate-search.net with Spyhunter:1. download Spyhunter into your computer;
2. Once it been installed in your computer, you should run a full scan with it to find out any threat in your computer.
3. Click select all, then remove those threats from your computer completely.
Manual Removal Guide Step by Step:
1) Boot your computer into Safe Mode with Networking.
To perform this procedure, please restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key until Windows Advanced Options menu shows up, then using arrow key to select “Safe Mode with Networking” from the list and press ENTER to get into that mode.
2) Press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys together to pull out Window Task Manager and end suspicious processes:
3) Check the following directories and remove all these associated files:
4) Open Registry Editor by navigating to Start Menu, type in Regedit, and then click OK. When you have been in Registry Editor, please remove the following related registry entries:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\random
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\“UninstallString” = “‘%AppData%\[RANDOM]\[RANDOM].exe” -u
5) After you finish the above steps, please reboot your computer and get in normal mode to check the effectiveness.
Note: This tricky virus just uses random file names in same system directories or even its mutating versions will use different directories to escape various security tools' detection and add more difficulty to manual removal.Download Spyhunter antivurs program here to get this problem solved.