Actually, there has two ways to solve this problem, and now we can first learn more information about Playtopus.
Playtopus is obviously an adware created for displaying advertisements. Generally, this thing is bundled with a third party program that everyone can easily download online. Once it breaks inside successfully, some adware plug-ins and applications will be stealthily installed inside your browser, and you will see those ads banners, coupons, and other pop-ups when you use your browser. You can actually shut it down, but you can easily click those links on it that can redirect your browser to a commercial website forcibly or point your browser to download unknown software.
This Playtopus is actually dangerous for which it can be utilized to collect victim’s personal data like bank card or credit card information by installing a spyware applications or scripts in your computer. Meanwhile, Playtopus can make your computer run slower and slower. Sometime, you wait minutes to open a original program in your computer. That is because those unwanted programs downloaded by Playtopus are taking the limited resource of your computer system.
Based on what I have stated above, Playtopus is harmful and stubborn that you do not need to hesitate whether you should eliminate it from your computer or not. Now, follow this article below to check out how.
How to Remove Playtopus Manually?
1) Boot your computer into safe mode with networking by restarting your computer and keeping pressing F8 key until Windows Advanced Options menu shows up, then using arrow key to select “Safe Mode with Networking” from the list and press ENTER to get into that mode.
2) Open your Task Manger by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys and end the processes of Playtopus:
3) Open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options. When Folder Options window opens, click on its View tab, tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then press OK.
4) The associated files to be removed in folders on Local Disk (note: new files are still created each month so far):
5) Open your Registry Editor and then find out the registry entries of Playtopus to remove them (note: new registry entries are still made every month so far):
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TabbedBrowsing "NewTabPageShow" = "1"
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main "Start Page" = "
How to Remove Playtopus Automatically with Spyhunter?1. Download Spyhunter into your computer;
2. Once it been installed in your computer, you should run a full scan with it to find out any threat in your computer.
3. Click select all, then remove those threats from your computer completely.