So, what is Homeland Security Virus?Homeland Security virus is a notorious ransomware created by cybercriminal for scamming money to innocent computer users. Once it sneaks into your computer successfully, the virus will start to change your system settings to control your machine. Then, when you reboot your computer or start your PC again on morning, you will receive a page with a notification that your computer has been lock by homeland security for what you have done illegally online. To unlock your computer and keep you away from trouble, you have to pay a fine about $300, or you will be sent to jail in 48 hours. Some people may be scared and just pay the money immediately if they don’t familiar with this ransomware. However, this Homeland Security page is nothing but a money scam which should be removed from your computer as soon as possible to stop its further damages. Moreover, since cybercriminal can control your computer with this ransomware, your private data in your computer will be randomly and easily collected for malicious usage and it can also download some other malwares or virus to harm your computer.
How Did This Homeland Security Virus Access into Your Computer?
Generally speaking, this Homeland Security can be bundled on a “freeware” program on the Internet that computer users can easily download from a freeware download site. Then if you install the “freeware”, you open a door for Homeland Security virus as well. Besides, cybercriminal can add a illegal download link in a hacked websites and if you click the link, this ransomware will automatically be download to your computer. In addition, since cyber hacker can control victim’s computer and collect the personal data, the e-mail address from victim’s can be used for sending spam e-mail contains of this ransomware attachment to contacts.
In conclusion: Homeland Security virus is a deadly dangerous infection with huge damages to your computer which I strongly recommend you to remove it as soon as possible. However, it is reported by some victims that antivirus seems unable to delete this thing completely and permanently. So, manual removal can be the most effective way to handle this problem. Wanna learn how to do this manual removal method? Please follow this post.
Damages of Homeland Security Virus:
1 It can compromise your system and may introduce additional infections like rogue software.
2 It enters your computer without your consent and disguises itself in root of the system.
3 This virus often takes up high resources and strikingly slow down your computer speed.
4 It can help the cyber criminals to track your computer and steal your personal information.
5 It may force you to visit some unsafe websites and advertisements which are not trusted.
1. Download Spyhunter into your computer by clicking this icon;
2. After you finished installation, you need to run a full scan with it;
3. Select all threats on the list and choose to remove.
Guide for Homeland Security Virus Removal Step by Step:
1) Boot your computer into safe mode with networking by restarting your computer and keeping pressing F8 key until Windows Advanced Options menu shows up, then using arrow key to select “Safe Mode with Networking” from the list and press ENTER to get into that mode.
2) Open your Task Manger by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys and end the processes of Homeland Security virus:
3) The associated files to be removed in folders on Local Disk (note: new files are still created each month so far):
4) Open your Registry Editor and then find out the registry entries of Homeland Security virus to remove them (note: new registry entries are still made every month so far):
Video Guide to Remove Homeland Security Virus:
Note: This tricky virus just uses random file names in same system directories or even its mutating versions will use different directories to escape various security tools' detection and add more difficulty to manual removal.