Harmful properties of DockSearch.net hijacker
When users get DockSearch.net as their homepage, they may not pay much attention, thinking that it is a common search engine. However, users will finally notice the problems brought by this hijacker:
- Annoying ad banners are displayed on its page, they are linked to some phishing sites.
- Besides the ads, it will also redirect you if you try to search with it.
- It offers ineffective search results, which are filled with spam.
- It can add irrelevant sites to your Bookmarks automatically.
- The infected browsers' performance can be reduced obviously.
DockSearch.net hijacker can be brought by freeware, shareware or malware in your computer. They may modify your browsers settings secretly as soon as you install them blindly. It is reported that this hijacker is related to stubborn adware, that's why the page never miss a chance to deliver ad banners. To achieve its purpose, the hijacker will even keep an eye on your browsing habits. Your search terms will be recorded for reference to deliver associated ads. Even though the ads can be quite attractive, you should never try to click them, otherwise you will surely be taken to dubious sites and get unwanted programs downloaded.
How to clean up DockSearch.net from your PC?
Choose one method you prefer:
Method A : Manually Removal
Method B : Automatic Removal
Method A. Manually Removal
Step 1. Reset your browsers' settings
- Open Internet Explorer, press Alt+X >> select Internet options >> General tab >> enter your preferred URL >> Apply
- Continue to General tab >> Delete… >> Delete Browsing History
- Open Mozilla Firefox menu >> Options >> General tab >> Restore to Default >> OK
- Open Mozilla Firefox menu >> History >> Clear Recent History… >> Clear Now
- Open Google Chrome menu >> Settings >> On startup option, click Set pages, delete the unwanted address >> OK
- Continue to Appearance option >> Show Home button >> Change >> delete the unwanted address >> OK
- Press Ctrl+H to History tab >> Clear browsing date… >>click clear browsing date to confirm
Step 2. Press the Start buttonm click the Control Panel>Appearance and Performance>Folder Options, click the View tab and select Show hidden files, folders and drives but uncheck Hide protected operating system files(Recommended), and then hit the OK button.
Step 3. Go to the local dick C and clean all the files related with DockSearch.net as below.
Step 4. Press Windows+R to open Registry Editor, type into Regedit, press Enter and then delete all the malicious registries as shown.
Method B. Automatic Removal
SpyHunter is a powerful anti-spyware remover that can help you get rid of suspicious and unwanted programs. fix annoying threats and bring safety back to your PC. The step of how to download and use SpyHunter are shown below.
Step 1. Download SpyHunter by clicking the button below.
Step 2. Install the program by double clicking SpyHunter-Installer.exe.
Step 3. Open SpyHunter after the installation and make the program scan your computer by clicking the button Scan Computer Now!.
Step 4. Click the button Fix Threats to clean up dangerous and unwanted programs after the scanning.
RegCure Pro is a strong optimizer which can boost PC's speed and performance, stop unneeded programs and delete privacy items that may contain your confidential information. The steps of how to download and use RegCure Pro are shown below.
Step 1. Download RegCure Pro by Clicking the button.
Step 2. Install the program by clicking the button Yes.
Step 3. Run RegCure Pro after the installation and click the button Click to Start Scan to allow the program to scan your computer.
Step 4. Click the button Fix All to complete the scanning.
Warmly Recommended : DockSearch.net can't be removed easily because it can modify the registry data. If you meet any trouble, use the recommended tools:
Download SpyHunter to Clean up Malicious Programs.
Download RegCure Pro to Boost PC's Speed and Performance.