What is Genieo Search Exactly?Genieo Search is tricky and dangerous browser hijacker that mainly target to your browser in your computer. It is a notorious work from cyber hijacker which often hides itself on some hacked websites waiting the opportunity of your unconsciously visiting. Once your click one of these infected links on it, this infection will definitely access into your computer by using vulnerability of your computer. Finished the step of getting into your computer, Genieo Search Virus then will change the settings of your computer to disable your antivirus program in your computer. Also, it will add lots of unnecessary application to your browser that can show lots of ads in your browser. Moreover, once you infected with this Genieo Search in your computer, all the personal information will be in open on the side of cyber criminals.
Since the antivirus program cannot handle this infection alone, you should figure out in another way like manual removal. To completely eliminate this threat, we need to detect and remove its related processes, files and registry entries. Now, I’m going to show you these steps of manual removal.
Corruptions of Genieo Search:
1 This redirect virus will constantly redirect your internet connection and tell you that you are browsing unsafely.2Your computer is acting slowly. This web browser slows down your system significantly. This includes starting up, shutting down, playing games, and surfing the web.
3 Searches are redirected or your homepage and desktop are settings are changed. This is an obvious symptom of this infection.
4 The cyber threat will shut down your other anti-virus and anti-spyware programs. It will also infect and corrupt your registry, leaving your computer totally unsafe.
Spyhunter is a popular and useful antivirus program designed for cleaning up computer threats and infections. Meanwhile, it is also a trust-worthy guard for your computer. Check out how to remove infections with Spyhunter:
1. Download Spyhunter into your computer by clicking this icon;
2. After you finished installation, you need to run a full scan with it;
3. Select all threats on the list and choose to remove.
Manual Removal Guide Step by Step:
Step 1- Reset Internet Explorer by the following guide (take IE as an example):Open Internet Explorer >> Click on Tools >> Click on Internet Options >> In the Internet Options window click on the Connections tab >> Then click on the LAN settings button>> Uncheck the check box labeled “Use a proxy server for your LAN” under the Proxy Server section and press OK.
For Windows Vista or Windows7: click start menu->type msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated from Genieo Search.
1) Go to 'Tools' → 'Manage Add-ons';
2) Choose 'Search Providers' → choose 'Bing' search engine or 'Google' search engine and make it default;
3) Select 'Search Results' and click 'Remove' to remove it;
4) Go to 'Tools' → 'Internet Options', select 'General tab' and click 'Use default' button or enter your own website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save the changes.
1) Click on 'Customize and control' Google Chrome icon, select 'Settings';
2) Choose 'Basic Options'.
3) Change Google Chrome's homepage to google.com or any other and click the 'Manage search engines...' button;
4) Select 'Google' from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select 'Search Results' from the list remove it by clicking the "Genieo Search" mark.
1) Click on the magnifier's icon and select 'Manage Search Engines....';
2) Choose 'Search Results' from the list and click 'Remove' and OK to save changes;
3) Go to 'Tools' → 'Options'. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under the 'General tab';
( Methods to open Task Manager: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC or Press the Start button->click on the Run option->Type in taskmgr and press OK.)
(Steps: Hit Win+R keys and then type regedit in Run box and click on OK)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon "Shell" = "[random].exe"
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, go to the "Start" menu, select "Control Panel". Locate "Programs and Features". Look for "Genieo Search" select this entry and click Uninstall.
If you are using Windows Xp, Click "Start", choose "Settings" and click "Control Panel". Locate and click "Add or Remove Programs". Look for "Genieo Search" select this entry and click Remove.
Note: Want to safely and completely remove this perky mutating Genieo Search Virus infection but you cannot figure out a way since various security tools failed to remove it? Download Spyhunter to take care of this issue, and it can also provide security protection in the future.