Has your antivirus detected a threat named Metropolitan British Police Virus If it’s the situation you are in, you should go into action to protect the computer since it’s a malicious infection.
What I know about Metropolitan British Police Virus:
Metropolitan British Police, a deadly nasty and annoying ransom ware mainly designed for starting a money scam for computer user from Britain. This program is usually be bundled with some freeware on the Internet like a game program or thing like that which only can attract people to download. Getting infected is actually one tiny step you clicked when your install the bundled “freeware”. Once this ransom ware land on your computer successfully, it will start to change the settings of your computer system immediately. After finished, it will usually ask to restart your computer with the name of computer system. So you did it as it asked, you will find that the screen of your computer will be locked by a page. It warned that your computer has been locked by British police for illegal activity you have done on the Internet. Only if you pay the fine about 100 pound in 48 hours to unlock your computer, or you will be sent to jail.
However, it is nothing but a money scam for innocent computer user which you should never ever believe. Anyway, if you do pay the fine, the problem still cannot be solved completely. It will constantly scam your money with the same trick. Since you cannot enter the desktop, you may not able to use your antivirus program in your computer. In this case, you can try with manual removal which is the most effective way on this issue. Please follow the post if you want to learn the details of this method.
Screen Shoot of Metropolitan British Police Virus:
Corruptions about Metropolitan British Police Virus:
1. The malware is much likely to affect your workstation in that it always comes with other actual infections such as Trojans and rootkits
2. The malware enters your computer without your permission, so it is hard to trace its infiltration process
3. The infection modifies your system parameters in such a manner that it will be launched automatically
4. Metropolitan British Police blocked many tasks on your computer, so it’s hard to run any security programs to defense
1. Download Spyhunter into your computer by clicking this icon;
2. After you finished installation, you need to run a full scan with it;
3. Select all threats on the list and choose to remove.
Manual Removal Guide of Metropolitan British Police Virus:
1. Boot up the infected computer, press F8 at the very beginning, choose “Safe Mode with Networking” and press Enter to get in safe mode with networking.
2. Stop malicious processes:
3. Delete these infected files:
4. Remove these infected registry entries:
Note: If you haven’t sufficient expertise in handling virus program files, processes, dll files and registry entries, you will take the risk of messing up your computer and making it crash down finally.