Introduction of Searchnu.com/604 Hijacker:Searchnu.com/604 is tricky and stubborn browser hijacker with the purpose of changing the settings of your browser. It usually bought from some free of charge toolbars and freeware that you may download from somewhere that can be trusted. Also, once you install this threat into your computer, the function will get start like changing your homepage, default search engine and new tab page searchnu.com/406. Also, PC users don’t know why the change of browser happened to his computer, and they try to solve this problem by Internet browser settings. However, this problem is not as easy as a thing that can solved just by Internet settings.
For the reason of the situation that the speed of computer virus updating will always quicker than the antivirus program in your computer, there is no perfect antivirus that can solve all the problems of your computer. This Searchnu.com/604 hijacker is obviously an exception for which it can bundle itself with some other normal software. So, when the normal software program install into your computer, the tricky browser hijacker will come next legitimately.
Symptoms of Searchnu.com/604 hijacker threat:1. This redirect virus will constantly redirect your internet connection and tell you that you are browsing unsafely.
2. Your computer is acting slowly. This web browser slows down your system significantly. This includes starting up, shutting down, playing games, and surfing the web.
3. Searches are redirected or your homepage and desktop are settings are changed. This is an obvious symptom of this infection.
4. The cyber threat will shut down your other anti-virus and anti-spyware programs. It will also infect and corrupt your registry, leaving your computer totally unsafe.
What’s the best efficient way to remove Rearchnu.com/604 Hijacker:Step 1- Reset Internet Explorer by the following guide (take IE as an example):
Open Internet Explorer >> Click on Tools >> Click on Internet Options >> In the Internet Options window click on the Connections tab >> Then click on the LAN settings button>> Uncheck the check box labeled “Use a proxy server for your LAN” under the Proxy Server section and press OK.
Step 2- Disable any suspicious startup items that are made by infections from Searchnu.com/604 Hijacker
For Windows Xp: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the Run box -> click Ok to open the System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated from Searchnu.com/604 Hijacker.
For Windows Vista or Windows7: click start menu->type msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated from Searchnu.com/604 Hijacker.
Step 3- Remove add-ons:
1) Go to 'Tools' → 'Manage Add-ons';
2) Choose 'Search Providers' → choose 'Bing' search engine or 'Google' search engine and make it default;
3) Select 'Search Results' and click 'Remove' to remove it;
4) Go to 'Tools' → 'Internet Options', select 'General tab' and click 'Use default' button or enter your own website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save the changes.
1) Click on 'Customize and control' Google Chrome icon, select 'Settings';
2) Choose 'Basic Options'.
3) Change Google Chrome's homepage to google.com or any other and click the 'Manage search engines...' button;
4) Select 'Google' from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select 'Search Results' from the list remove it by clicking the "X" mark.
1) Click on the magnifier's icon and select 'Manage Search Engines....';
2) Choose 'Search Results' from the list and click 'Remove' and OK to save changes;
3) Go to 'Tools' → 'Options'. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under the 'General tab';
Step 4- Open Windows Task Manager and close all running processes.
( Methods to open Task Manager: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC or Press the Start button->click on the Run option->Type in taskmgr and press OK.)
Step 5- Open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options. When you’re in Folder Options window, please click on its View tab, check Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then press OK.
Step 6- Remove these associated Files on your hard drive such as:
Step 7- Open the Registry Editor and delete the following entries:
(Steps: Hit Win+R keys and then type regedit in Run box and click on OK)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon "Shell" = "[random].exe"
Step 8-Restart your computer normally to check whether there is still redirection while browsing.
How to Clean up Searchnu.com/406 Hijacker with Spyhunter?
To clean up this threats from your computer easily, you can use Spyhunter antivirus program to deal with this issue. Meanwhile, Spyhunter can also secure your computer from any threats outside.
1. Download Spyhunter inside;
2. Do a full scanning after Spyhunter been installed;
3. Select all threats found and remove it all.