Moreover, Win.Trojan.Symmi may also take lots of space in your computer which may directly affect the performance of your computer. Obviously, your computer turns slower and slower. For example, if you want to search some websites by using you IE or Firefox, it will take you a long time to react after you click the icon. By the way, this virus may also a threat for people who familiar with you for which I can embezzle you ID to send malicious e-mail to them, and once they accept and open it, this virus will spread into their computer. With its dangerous threats, I strongly recommend you to get rid of it as soon as possible.
Potential Harms of Win.Trojan.Symmi:
1. Win.Trojan.Symmi makes adjustment to the default settings of your computer;
2. Win.Trojan.Symmi adds random applications inside your computer;
3. Win.Trojan.Symmi messes up your computer system;
4. Win.Trojan.Symmi disables original programs in your computer;
5. Win.Trojan.Symmi collects your personal information stealthily.
Remove Win.Trojan.Symmi: (Two basic methods)
Method 1: 1) Boot your computer into safe mode with networking by restarting your computer and keeping pressing F8 key until Windows Advanced Options menu shows up, then using arrow key to select “Safe Mode with Networking” from the list and press ENTER to get into that mode.
2) Open your Task Manger by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys and end the processes of Win.Trojan.Symmi:
3) Open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options. When Folder Options window opens, click on its View tab, tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then press OK.
4) Removing Win.Trojan.Symmi from all installed internet browsers
Open Internet explorer window
Click the "Tools" button
Point to "safety" and then click "delete browsing history"
Tick the "cookies" box and then click “delete”
Click on Tools, then Options, select Privacy
Click "Remove individual cookies"
In the Cookies panel, click on "Show Cookies"
To remove a single cookie click on the entry in the list and click on the "Remove Cookie button"
To remove all cookies click on the "Remove All Cookies button"
Click on the "Tools" menu and select "Options".
Click the "Under the Bonnet" tab, locate the "Privacy" section and Click the "Clear browsing data" button.
Select "Delete cookies and other site data" and clean up all cookies from the list.
Search for the following virus processes, files and registries and then delete all of them.
5) Open your Registry Editor and then find out the registry entries of Win.Trojan.Symmi to remove them (note: new registry entries are still made every month so far):
Method 2: To clean up this threats from your computer easily, you can use Spyhunter antivirus program to deal with this issue. Meanwhile, Spyhunter can also secure your computer from any threats outside.
1. Download Spyhunter inside;
2. Do a full scanning after Spyhunter been installed;
3. Select all threats found and remove it all.